RM series gearboxes have been specially designed for coupling to Diesel engines and allow operation that requires an input rotation different from the speed of the Diesel engine.
RM gearboxes consist of:
- Cast iron body (aluminum alloy on RM 20)
- Helical toothing, hardened, shaved (ground on RM 150)
- Shafts are made of high quality, hardened steel
- Tapered roller bearings on output shaft
- The input shaft is supported by a single bearing inside the housing and therefore must be driven by a pilot bearing mounted on the flywheel, in case of close coupling to the diesel engine